Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 01/28/2021 in all areas

  1. Main package list.. i noticed there is update available will see how that goes after update. Thanks..
    1 point
  2. Hi guys, I've written this small wrapper for Run Tests Programmatically which I can just drop in any of our projects, it will find the uni tests in the folder structure and run them. It works perfectly except there is no way to change the result format of the test results. This wrapper also drops the results into the repo so they will be part of the commit/pull request and easy for the reviewer to see. The text result format would be easier to see in Azure DevOps than XML. Is there a way to change the result format for this vi (other than hack it with vi server)? It seems to be
    1 point
  3. Here was last answer from IT which solved my problem : Maybe our problem is not AV itself but something else… I just put this machine xx.xx.xx.xx under a policy that has only AV enabled.
    1 point
  4. Hello @Sam Grayson and @Jim Kring, the IT departement tried to whitelist any folders but it didn't work finally. it was working few time if VIPM start before Cyberreason. Anyway IT solved the issue with puting my computer in a special group to only use antivirus of cyberreason. Now it works correctly. I try to get more information from IT departement and let you know when I have news.
    1 point
  5. For keeping track of used packages for our projects we'd like to put a list of used packages to our measuring data. That way we could later on see if a specific problem we encounter with our measurements might be due to the used packages. Is there an easy way for this? The best way I can think of right now is saving the names of installed packages out of VIPMs program data folder.
    1 point
  6. How to use VI Package Configurations (VIPC) – VIPM
    1 point
  7. Fantastic! Glad to hear you're up and running.
    1 point
  8. 1 point
  9. Release notes are written in the build specification. When, for example, developer realizes that some note should be added - package has to be rebuilt. But sometimes build of the package could take a lot of time (for example, build of our DBT toolkit takes approx. 1 hour with licensing, password protecting and further build). It would be great if there will be option to update just release notes, or another information which should not be compiled (authors list, etc.). That would help to save some time... But on the other side, developer should pay some more attention to build configurat
    1 point
  10. We use G-CLI to execute our CI tools, so we'd write back to G-CLI (and also to the front panel of the tool in case we run it manually). So the point would be to get the progress information back into the VI that's actually using the VIPM API. vipb.mov
    1 point
  11. Building a VI package can take quite a while. For our Release Automation Tools, it takes about 20 minutes. Even though we build our packages on the build server now, it would be great to be able to feed back the progress of the build process to the CI system. As an example, the NI Application Builder API offers "progress bar" events, which you can register for and then show the progress details as you see fit: The VI Package Builder shows at least a few pieces of progress information in its status bar. Maybe these could be "routed" back to the VIPM API?
    1 point
  12. I was able to reproduce the issue with the help of a colleague who has an RT Target. I've written up some info about this issue here: https://lavag.org/topic/21753-1d-array-to-string-not-compiling-correctly/ OpenG String v4.1.1.16 should fix this issue (although it's simply working around the LabVIEW compilation bug, which could potentially be causing other issues) I'm going to work to report this to NI, since we can reproduce the issue.
    1 point
  13. Ah, that's good to hear that IT was able to figure it out. Glad it's working for you now.
    1 point
  14. The trouble has been solved by IT. it was due to antivirus "cybereason" which was blocking .net for VIPM 2020. Thanks for your advices.
    1 point
  15. Just the idea - not sure whether it is possible to implement. There are some packages, which are used as dependencies in other packages. And, we can find dependencies of the packages by sending package to configuration; but we can not find packages which are dependent on some particular packages. If we could do something like right click on the package in the list -> Find dependent packages, and it would show us list of packages (ideally even not installed) which use that package as dependency, that could be sometimes useful. Now, for example, we use some package as dependenc
    1 point
  16. Some advanced users are asking for support to install VIPM for Windows onto a Docker container. This would allow creating fully automated build processes that spin up virtual machines that have LabVIEW and VIPM installed on them, so that VI Packages can be created automatically.
    1 point
  17. You forgot one important thing: an asterisk "*" in the Machine Access List. Also, very important, verify your TCP port address in the VIPM (Options >> LabVIEW tab). If you have multiple LabVIEW installations make sure each VI Server have unique ports. Good Luck! Relativity1
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.