Being asked to "Buy Now" or "Continue Evaluation"

Bob Schor

I've just built a new PC (at last, a dual-core!) and am reinstalling all of my software. I installed LabVIEW, Package Manager, and (using VIPM) EasyXML. I'm now "using" EasyXML (i.e. running a VI that I wrote that makes calls to it) and am being prompted to "buy" or "continue evaluation". The FAQ seems to suggest that once I'm licensed, I don't have to worry, but clearly the "system" doesn't think that I am! How do I fix this?

Bob Schor

P.S. -- I notice, above, that there is a Download for EasyXML Toolkit for LabVIEW 1.0. Should I download that instead? In addition? I thought that VIPM would handle everything ...

When you bought EasyXML, you were sent (via e-mail) a new (licensed) version of EasyXML with a higher version number than the one for download from the internet.

You should load that version into VIPM and VIPM will deal with all the little issues.

Ton

When you bought EasyXML, you were sent (via e-mail) a new (licensed) version of EasyXML with a higher version number than the one for download from the internet.

You should load that version into VIPM and VIPM will deal with all the little issues.

Ton

Thanks. I probably "knew" that, but forgot ... It seemed so easy, loading all the OpenG packages and seeing EasyXML just "appear". As a suggestion, you might consider having VIPM either maintain or link to or query the user for licenses. This would avoid "forgetful users" such as myself, and also allow you to roll out to licensed users the latest versions via VIPM automatically. [i realize this might be easier to conceive than to implement, but you guys are pretty clever ...].

BS

As a suggestion, you might consider having VIPM either maintain or link to or query the user for licenses. This would avoid "forgetful users" such as myself, and also allow you to roll out to licensed users the latest versions via VIPM automatically. [i realize this might be easier to conceive than to implement, but you guys are pretty clever ...].

Glad your problem got resolved. This is a problem we are looking into.

Archived