Package building stops in the middle

Yair

I have the community edition version of VIPM (2.0.3) with all the relevant packages installed and up-to-date.

When I try to build a package, the builder gets stuck in the middle looking for a couple of typedefs (I believe it's in the <LabVIEW>\Resource\OpenG\Build folder, but I'm not near that PC at the moment). The typedefs have "linker" in their name.

I did find the typedefs in an LLB in the OpenG builder folder (with an addition of the builder namespace, "OGB", I believe) and when I selected them the build seemed to go through, so I guess I could just copy and rename those typedefs and it would work every time, but I figured I should report it.

OK, that seems to have done the trick. You might wish to have it somewhere in the list of steps of installing the package (in general, it would be nice if VIPM could automatically handle the mass compile after installation).

Another issue (which is probably only related to the RCF) is that at the end of the package build process, the builder was looking for a VI at "vi.lib\addons\...\Right Click API.llb\93A2BE868C4C04F3..." (I truncated it, I assume it should be enough).

If I browse for the file, it appears in the window title as if it should be in the .lvlib which was generated for the specific package. If I ignore it, the build continues normally and produces a seemingly normal package (I haven't tried installing it).

P.S. Can you change my display name to Yair? It would provide order. Thanks.

Incidentally, this reminds me of another issue I had with the package building - VIPM did not manage to unload the VIs which were used by the RCF and kept showing the dialog about how the VIs have to be closed. Stopping the RCF allowed me to continue with the build.

Incidentally, this reminds me of another issue I had with the package building - VIPM did not manage to unload the VIs which were used by the RCF and kept showing the dialog about how the VIs have to be closed. Stopping the RCF allowed me to continue with the build.

Hi Yen,

This is a known issue. Basically, if the RCF is running and has "development/source" plugins loaded, VIPM will not be able to build your package. The way to work around this is to either stop the RCF or to disable loading of source plugins by setting your plugin development source path to empty path. Note, I've file a feature request to add a checkbox to enable/disable all source plugins in the options dialog:

Case 7778: "Enable/Disable source plugins checkbox on options dialog"

1.png

Archived