Licensing RCF + JKI

Jim C

I put a Right-Click Framework plugin on the NI/RCF Community page yesterday that I rewrote using the JKI State Machine. (I had originally thrown it together but the original architecture wouldn't scale well.) I released it under the BSD license and didn't change it after the rewrite but got to thinking that I don't have the right to do that.

How should I license any RCF plugins I write with your State Machine?

I put a Right-Click Framework plugin on the NI/RCF Community page yesterday that I rewrote using the JKI State Machine. (I had originally thrown it together but the original architecture wouldn't scale well.) I released it under the BSD license and didn't change it after the rewrite but got to thinking that I don't have the right to do that.

How should I license any RCF plugins I write with your State Machine?

Hi Jim,

As with all things legal, you should consult with your own attorney.

It is JKI's intention that you can share applications you create from the JKI State Machine and license them under your own terms, which don't conflict with the JKI State Machine's license. We ask that you retain the copyright notice on the JKI State Machine to it clear to others that you are using the JKI State Machine and so that they can find support information on its usage.

We certainly want to encourage you to use the JKI State Machine in your shared, community plugins. :)

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived