JKI state string Editor

BOBILLIER Eric

Hi JKI team

I have develop a editor for string used in jki state machine. I have made it like rcf plugin. Please tell me what you think about it before i propose it to community.

Regards Eric

http://www.screencast.com/t/OGZkNTM4NzIt

EBC_rcf_JKIStateEditor_1.0_1.ogp

Whoa, I love it!

One comment: Can you replace all control with system one and use the system color as a background color?

Thanks

Philippe

That looks really cool Eric!

Any chance you save it back to LV 8.5? :-o

Cheers!

Hi Antoine

I have convert it to 8.5 , but don't pack it in ogp . please copy the folder JKI State Editor 8.5 in your JKI\RCF\Plugins\JKI State Editor folder.

JKI_State_Editor_8.5.zip

I have add 2 files in my zip to creat a . ogp. Please can you do this package in 8.5 using the tool : OpenG Package Builder. Before you need be sure to have remove 8.5 in the previous folder name.In OpenG Package Builder, you need modify in Platform tab the version from 9.0 to 8.5 and modify the default package directory in Option Tab.

And post a copy to this forum.

Regards

Eric

Hi Eric,

Nice tool. However I wonder why you used a table to create the lists?

I have redesigned your tool and replaced them with listboxes and added a drop down menu instead of the radio-buttonsd

JKI_state_editor_Main_FP.png

One nice thing of listboxes is the build in drag and drop support. See this video with the new features:

Screencast video

Eric, I hope you like my changes and that I pronounced your last name correctly.

EBC_rcf_JKIStateEditor_1.1_1.ogp

Ton

However I wonder why you used a table to create the lists?

Hi Ton

Great , your modification is best. The only reason i don't use listBox, it's because they are a bit mysterious for me. But you have made the right choise, they have lots of features than table.

Just one thing. Please can you modify one property on "Parameter" control . The property about "see modification instanteanously" ( i don't know exactely the name of this property because my LV version is in french) .

I have modify it on my PC , but like you don't give me the .ogpb file , i can't upgrade it.

Another thing, If all is ok about this tool, please can you propose it (for you and me) to LAVAG. I prefer you do it than me, it's not because i'm lazy, but like you can see in this email i made lot of translation errors (i'm just a poor French boy). ;) ;)

I think it will be better if you save it in previous LV version than 9.0 (I don't remenber the minimal version for using JKI_RCF tool). Antoine Chalons request me that.

I'm really happy for this collaborative work.

Regards

Eric

Hi Ton

I have find new bug on JKI State Editor - MenuSelection.Vi.

Please can you replace your vi by this :

JKI_State_Editor_MenuSelection.vi

Regards

Eric

I was about to tell you about that bug. Glad you found it.

Here is another one for you. You should use the option that was read from the ini file and not the hard coded constant (in the menu activation frame).

4_28_2010_11_48_57_AM.png

Philippe

Do you mean 'Update value while typing'? You want that activited, correct?

Correct Ton

Have you see the post of Philippe about Plugin option. Can you modify code like propose by Philippe.

Ok i submit to LAVA when you send me it, but i think that your work in this tool is really a great part too.

Many thanks to you and Philippe for your help and suggestions.

Regards

Eric

Correct Ton

Have you see the post of Philippe about Plugin option. Can you modify code like propose by Philippe.

Ok i submit to LAVA when you send me it, but i think that your work in this tool is really a great part too.

Many thanks to you and Philippe for your help and suggestions.

Regards

Eric

Eric,

I found another bug.

Here is the work flow to reproduce it:

• Edit a String (in the JKI state editor)
  • Update the string on the BD
  • Close the JKI state editor
  • Undo the editing in the BD (CTRL+Z)
  • Reopen the JKI State Editor
  • --> You see the previous content (prior to undoing)

Expected behavior: You should see the current content.

Philippe

Eric,

I found another bug.

Here is the work flow to reproduce it:

• Edit a String (in the JKI state editor)
  • Update the string on the BD
  • Close the JKI state editor
  • Undo the editing in the BD (CTRL+Z)
  • Reopen the JKI State Editor
  • --> You see the previous content (prior to undoing)

Expected behavior: You should see the current content.

Philippe

Hi Philippe

Thanks to be beta tester.

I verify bug and it's true, but i see it's the undo who not running . When you do undo , the square border size of string constant is modify (minimise) but the string inside isn't undo. It's like the undo in JKI_Rcf Lost the "Data modify " action.

I think perhapse it's arround the JKI_Rcf undo gestion , but i don't see why. Perhaps have you one idea.

Eric

Finaly it's a bug of LV scripting on the undo of string constant. But like scripting isn't maintain, i don't know if i can report it and how solve my issue.

I have made two vi's for explain the bug.

1)Open Test string.vi diagram, and see free string constant.

2)Run modify string.vi.

3)Go back to Test string.vi diagram

4)The string constant are modify correctly

5)Undo

6) See the bug, like in in my Rcf. The square is modify, but the text is always here.

modify_string.vitest_string.vi

I don't see how modify my plugin to solve this issue.

Eric

It look like you are correct. The undo transaction does not works on string constant that were modified via scripting (even in the case of the RCF plugin the string re sizes itself and it appears that the undo worked, but it actually did not).

You might want to report this on the LabVIEW API group.

Correction: I see that you already did it.

PJM

• 2 weeks later...

I have uploaded the code to Sourceforge, on a Mercurial repository.

The projectname is LabVIEW code Wiki, you can download the source by running:

hg clone http://labviewcodewiki.hg.sourceforge.net:8000/hgroot/labviewcodewiki/labviewcodewiki

the code is created in LabVIEW 8.2.1, you can browse it using the hgweb interface.

The OGP is downloadable from Sourceforge.

Hi Ton

I have find new bug on JKI State Editor - MenuSelection.Vi.

I was about to tell you about that bug. Glad you found it.

Here is another one for you. You should use the option that was read from the ini file and not the hard coded constant (in the menu activation frame).

Eric, Philippe, could you verify that the bugs are removed?

Finally here's a screenshot:

JKI_state_editor_Main_FP.png

Ton

Hi Ton

Thanks for your help

But there is always my first bug in JKI State Editor -MenuSelection. You must remove the close reference in the false case of the last case structure.

Perhapse i can cleanup and comment a bit the Vi's and resend it you for packaging and 8.2 conversion.

Regards

Eric

post-2807-1273494862.jpg

I have uploaded the code to Sourceforge, on a Mercurial repository.
But there is always my first bug in JKI State Editor -MenuSelection. You must remove the close reference in the false case of the last case structure.

Perhapse i can cleanup and comment a bit the Vi's and resend it you for packaging and 8.2 conversion.

Yes, I was afraid the bug was still in the code, I didn't had it clear (and i save all the VI's allreay back to 8.2.

But please edit the code based in the Sourceforge Mercurial repository.

You will need a Sourceforge account-name. If you have one please email me your username so I can add you as a developer.

I will fix this and rebuild the package.

Edit: I see that in the 'True' case you delete the reference as well. Is that fine?

I filed a bug-report: Bug No1

Ton

• 3 months later...

Archived