VIPM 2010 mass compile doesn't work

jsiegel

I have the "Mass Compile VIs After Packagd Installation" option enabled, but when I install a package, most of the VIs don't get mass compiled (sometimes one or two VIs get mass compiled). The status bar at the bottom indicates that mass compilation is taking place on each of the files. I suspect an error early on prevents all subsequent VIs from mass compiling. I see this for LV 8.6 and LV 2009.

• 9 months later...

I have the "Mass Compile VIs After Packagd Installation" option enabled, but when I install a package, most of the VIs don't get mass compiled (sometimes one or two VIs get mass compiled). The status bar at the bottom indicates that mass compilation is taking place on each of the files. I suspect an error early on prevents all subsequent VIs from mass compiling. I see this for LV 8.6 and LV 2009.

I have the same issue (for LV 2010). The status bar says that files are being compiled and saved, but none are actually saved to disk. The are no apparent problems for a subsequent mass-compile initiated from LabVIEW.

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue (for LV 2010). The status bar says that files are being compiled and saved, but none are actually saved to disk. The are no apparent problems for a subsequent mass-compile initiated from LabVIEW.

Just to update - this appears to still be the case for VIPM 2011 / LV 2011 - with a fresh install of everything. Having the check-box ticked for an auto-mass-compile goes through the motions, but doesn't actually save any of the compilation to disk.

Thanks for reporting this. I've created an internal case #12417 to track this issue. We will investigate the issue and hopefully have a fix in an upcoming release.

In the meantime, could you attach your VIPM error logs to see if the error is trapped? Instructions here:

http://forums.jki.net/topic/1442-how-to-submit-vipm-troubleshooting-logs/

• 1 month later...

Is this a general across the board problem or is this for specific packages?

This is for all packages. The Status Bar indicates that packages are Mass Compiled and saved, but the recompiled code is not saved to disk. I've had the issue in both 2010 and 2011, and have performed a fresh install of VIPM with LV 2011 without resolving it.

Archived