JKI module template

jegvilsnakke

Hi,

I was wondering if there was an area/site with active development and discussions around the module template you presented a while ago (http://blog.jki.net/events/niweek-2011-beyond-state-machines-slides-and-code-now-available/). I have used this for a recent project and I really liked the framework (for working with multiple instruments at the same time), and I thought it would be interesting to see how others use it and mabey learn more about how to best use it. I only found one related post on this forum (from 2011).

Either way thanks for the free stuff :)

Hi,

I was wondering if there was an area/site with active development and discussions around the module template you presented a while ago (http://blog.jki.net/...-now-available/). I have used this for a recent project and I really liked the framework (for working with multiple instruments at the same time), and I thought it would be interesting to see how others use it and mabey learn more about how to best use it. I only found one related post on this forum (from 2011).

Either way thanks for the free stuff :)

No, but that's a fantastic idea! We use and love this framework (obviously) and have a lot more we could talk about.

When did you evolve the template at all for your application? Did you hit any limitations? There are (hopefully) some cool features coming in LabVIEW 2013 that will make this design pattern even better, so stay tuned.

No, but that's a fantastic idea! We use and love this framework (obviously) and have a lot more we could talk about.

When did you evolve the template at all for your application? Did you hit any limitations? There are (hopefully) some cool features coming in LabVIEW 2013 that will make this design pattern even better, so stay tuned.

I would be intrigued to hear more.

I did not run into any limitations, though I of course had to find solutions to some "problems" (finding a nice way to run a data logging loop that also checks the event structure for new input as an example). I now look forward to 2013 release even more.

Edit:

Also I forgot to add, there should be an area to download the template (maybe close to the JKI state machine), as it is now the only place to find it (that i found) is in the one blogpost about the presentation, but it is not clear if that is the newest version or just an event release. At least i think this would be useful.

There should be an area to download the template (maybe close to the JKI state machine), as it is now the only place to find it (that i found) is in the one blogpost about the presentation, but it is not clear if that is the newest version or just an event release. At least i think this would be useful.

That's a good idea. You're right that this new template is really just an example associated with a presentation that's designed to help inspire and get you started in creating your own template. I agree that it would be nice if there were an official template :-)

Archived