"This package is not compatible with your OS or any LV Version..."

Jed Davidow

I am receiving this error in the Package Information Dialog after I try and install any packages (VIPM 2013.0.1, build 1905; LV 2013 x32 on Windows 8.1):

"This package is not compatible with your OS or any LV Version installed on your computer"

Some more info:

* I already have several packages installed and working.

* After restarting VIPM, I can double click a non-installed package, and this error is not present.

* I then attempt to install ANY package, and the dependencies are loaded and presented.

* This error pops up after that point.

* It's then persistent in any Package Information window (even already installed packages) until I restart VIPM

I cannot install any packages.

2014-02-10_1536.png

• 2 weeks later...

My network is not blocked, windows Firewall is disabled and I have no problem getting to JKI.net otherwise. The files download, as far as I can tell.

Attached screenshot of the package in the cache + error message

Maybe something else?

2014-02-21_0052.png

Jed,

We have experienced this issue when the source location of the package is blocked on your network. Please check if you can identify the source of the package and get it unblocked by the network admin.

I am my IT department. This is one PC on behind a router.

Other PCs work fine.

The LEAP package was downloaded separately and opened from VIPM, not downloaded through it.

I can get to all the Sourceforge sites and download directly via my browser.

This happens with *every package*, not just OpenG or MGI or JKI. All of them.

I just tried to install your RCF. It downloaded and then did nothing. So I clicked on the package and it gave me the Incompatible message.

So then I restarted and tried again. Since it did not have to download, it opened and began the installation. I was presented with the License agreement. I clicked OK and this returned an error:

Main Package Name: jki_tool_right_click_framework v1.0.2.208-1

Package Name with Error: jki_tool_right_click_framework v1.0.2.208-1

Error Message: VIPM could not install the package jki_tool_right_click_framework-1.0.2.208-1 .

Error Code: 8

Error Source: Open/Create/Replace File in ZLIB Read Compressed File__ogtk.vi->ZLIB Get File__ogtk.vi->ZLIB Extract File__ogtk.vi->CECD298A8C01713454E8229D444EA5B9->AD5C8264C085DE21572840347977323F->OGPM Class.lvlib:DA634C8935AD308A336B32981281203B->OGPM Class.lvlib:ECA9B1EEBFC60204894E445D02301EEE->AAD7C4B4FB57FDE8AE33932F9B4A3584->VIPM Main Window.vi

C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\cache\jki_tool_right_click_framework-1.0.2.208-1.spec

===============

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same issue...

I am trying to install the OpenG toolkit and I keep getting the error message that it is not compatible with my OS or LV version. I know it is not a network issue because I was able to go to sourceforge.net and find a portion of the openg toolkit (http://sourceforge.net/projects/opengtoolkit/) that did install correctly through the package manager (after I manually downloaded it). I also attempted reinstalling the package manager, but I still cannot get the full toolkit to install without the error message: "This package is not compatible with your operating system or any LabVIEW version installed on your computer"

please help!

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...