VI Tester Very Slow To Initialize

James McNally

Hi,

I use VI Tester everywhere! On one project though it seems to have slowed down significantly.

The project originally had around 60 tests in 13 test cases.

I have now expanded that to 76 tests in 15 test cases.

It is now really slow to initialise (after splash-screen but not tests visible) i.e. 5+ minutes. I don't think it is size as it seems very non-linear in time growth. Are there any known issues that could cause this? (running in LV 2014 SP1)

Cheers,

James

• 1 year later...
On 6/10/2016 at 8:50 AM, jamesmc86 said:

I use VI Tester everywhere! On one project though it seems to have slowed down significantly.

The project originally had around 60 tests in 13 test cases. I have now expanded that to 76 tests in 15 test cases.

It is now really slow to initialise (after splash-screen but not tests visible) i.e. 5+ minutes. I don't think it is size as it seems very non-linear in time growth. Are there any known issues that could cause this? (running in LV 2014 SP1)

Sorry for the delay in response, James. I think this could (in part) be because VI Tester has not been mass compiled. If you mass compile it, does it launch faster? Or, do you think it's a function of the number of tests in your project?

-Jim

Archived