Shell Menu "Add Contents to VIPM Library" on .vip files

StefanLemmens

Question

7 answers to this question

I had tested it in the Community version of VIPM and that works very well.
But now I notice that it doesn't work in the Free version. It gives a dialog that says "This feature of the VIPM API does not function with the Free version of VIPM."
Is this intended or a bug? Because I would expect that a shell menu just works no mather which version I installed (or that it wouldn't be available if I can't use it).
In VIPM 2019 I could "Add Contents to VIPM Library" for a vipc file in the free version but in 2020.1 this also gives this pop-up. So it looks like there is no way to add a package to the library without installing it in the free version anymore. I like to have (all) packages added to the library and then apply a small vipc to switch between different projects.

Edited by StefanLemmens
Extra info

On 7/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, StefanLemmens said:

I had tested it in the Community version of VIPM and that works very well.
But now I notice that it doesn't work in the Free version. It gives a dialog that says "This feature of the VIPM API does not function with the Free version of VIPM."
Is this intended or a bug? Because I would expect that a shell menu just works no mather which version I installed (or that it wouldn't be available if I can't use it).
In VIPM 2019 I could "Add Contents to VIPM Library" for a vipc file in the free version but in 2020.1 this also gives this pop-up. So it looks like there is no way to add a package to the library without installing it in the free version anymore. I like to have (all) packages added to the library and then apply a small vipc to switch between different projects.

@Jim Kring Any thoughts or news about this?