Help with VIPM API please

JamesW

I believe that VIPM could be very useful for modular code control  - from what I have been reading...

It's currently 3pm GMT and I've spent the afternoon trying to get the API working (in the eval mode).

I can't generate / read / apply a VIPC file - which is basically what I want to do  - from there integration with Jenkins should be easy.

I seem to always either get dialog popups everywhere or else hang on the "VIPM API_vipm_api.lvlib:Poll for VIPM Action Complete_vipm.api.vi" - just hangs with nothing going on.

Have 2015, 2018 and 2020 LabVIEW installed, all 64bit, running VIPM with the 2018 version - need a solution for a meeting in the next hour for a team meeting if I am to sell this to the team

edit: meeting ran over - have another week to get this working (or 12days evaluation)

Edited by JamesW
updating timescales

Hi @JamesW. We just posted a new build of the VIPM API which should address this issue.

https://www.vipm.io/package/jki_lib_vipm_api/#2020.0.0.65

2020.0.0.65 (Nov 17, 2020)

This release adds support for VIPM 2020 (including Community Edition) and LabVIEW 2020, and also adds a few new features, changes and fixes:

- [NEW] VIPM 2020 and Community Edition support (Community Edition can use API calls, just like Pro)
- [NEW] LabVIEW 2020 support (fixes an issue where passing version 20.0 was failing a version check)
- [CHANGE] Now compatible with LabVIEW 2013 and greater on Windows (was 2009 previously).
- [NEW] API VI "Check is VIPM Running" will check if VIPM app (process) is running
- [NEW] API VI "Open VIPM" will open the VIPM Main UI (and launch VIPM if needed)
- [CHANGE] "Exit VIPM.vi" to run synchronously. It has a new "Timeout in seconds (0: no timeout)" input and waits on VIPM process to be fully exited. Also, has a "synchronous? (T)" input which can be set to FALSE if asynchronous behavior is desired.
- [CHANGE] Separated compiled code from source code (All VIs)
- [FIX] API will now return an error if VIPM process terminates (crashes) before a timeout occurs when calling a synchronous command.

• 3 weeks later...

hi @Jim Kring,

I've updated to the latest version, and my manager purchased a Professional License for me yesterday evening...
but this is still not working. I see that the update has locked out the BD of the VIs - so I guess that was an oversight in your last package release.
I can't see anything useful now for debugging now, all I'm getting is a hang.
What is wrong with my attempt please?

(I'm trying to use the API to populate (and create) a VIPC file based on a project name and I looks like it should be easy.)

Unless it's something to do with the service keep crashing? so I can't restart every time I close it. I have to go to taskmanager and kill all VIPM things in order to be able to launch the packager manager from the shortcut again?

Cheers James

VIPM test - Questions.vi

Edited by JamesW
being polite and signing off
  • Like 1