Getting Started with Dragon (Download and Quick Start Video)

Jim Kring

Work in progress...

Download and Activation

Download: vipm-21.0.xxxx-windows-setup.exe (this link will always get you the latest version)

Note: Dragon Beta is installed along with VIPM 2021 Beta.

Activating: Please sign in to VIPM using the email address you used for the beta and activate with the Serial Number: DRAGON-2021-YOUR-FULL-NAME (Note regarding special characters: e.g. use "N" instead of "Ñ" and "U" instead of "Ü"). This will activate Dragon.

Getting Started with Dragon

What is Dragon?

• Dragon is a project environment that sits above LabVIEW and VIPM and makes it easy to work on your LabVIEW projects.
  • It works with all the LabVIEW versions on your computer.
  • It has some amazing features...

What can Dragon do?

• Always opens your projects in the correct version of LabVIEW and makes sure all your project’s dependencies are installed.

image.png

• Makes it easy to find and install packages directly from your project, and manage all your project’s dependencies in one location.

image.png

• Installs package contents underneath your project source folder (instead of underneath LabVIEW), so you can open and switch projects faster (and even have multiple projects open at once that use different versions of the same package).

image.png

Topics and Tutorials

You may want to explore these more advanced feature topics (after you've watched the Quick Start Video below)

Quick Start Video

Please watch the following video for a quick tutorial of how to create a new LabVIEW project and use Dragon to find, install, and manage packages.

The password for the video is "dragon" (without quotes)

• Like 4
    • Upvote 1

• Jim Kring changed the title to Getting Started with Dragon (Download and Quick Start Video)

Hi Albert. Great question! And, I’m glad to hear that the installation process went smoothly for you.

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes. If it doesn’t work we’ll figure out what’s going on. Can you let me know which instrument driver you’re hoping to install there? I’d like to give it a try on my end.

• 8 months later...