Missing VIs/Libraries with strange paths

Hi, I am using VIPM 2021 build 2750 and seeing an issue whenever I try to build a particular package. The source code is in LabVIEW 2016 32-bit and makes use of lv_icon.lvlibp.

When building, I get the following errors pointing to nonexistent locations. NI_XML.lvlib:Load.vi is present on disk at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\xml.

The same package built without issue in VIPM 2018.

image.png.a34e631f94447ab10bdeea23392ea5b9.png

image.png.8e7ad995b38c9f3980b409a40d1e6bd5.png

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I unfortunately can't share the full source publicly, but I will see if I can create a minimal example that can reproduce the issue. 

Edited by Jaime Jimenez
Note about source code

• 6 months later...

We're seeing the same behaviour with some scripting code of ours.

FWIW, a similar error occurs when trying to create a source distribution of the same VI. In our case, I could track down the error to "Read Icon Data from VI.vi", part of lv_icon.lvlibp:

image.png

Jaime did you find any solution to this?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The one and only @Darren suggested the following (and my colleague Alexander @AlexElb executed on it brilliantly) for fixing that broken lv_icon.lvlibp:

NI provides the source code for the icon editor on the NI forums. You can grab the version that matches your LabVIEW version and re-build the PPL with that issue fixed. Here's where you can get Icon Editor source files: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Enhanced-Icon-Editor/bd-p/grp-1168

For the sake of google-ability, here are the error messages and paths in plain text:

The following source VIs or Libraries are missing. Click OK to show the callers of these VIs or Libraries.
Please correct this problem before rebuilding.
The build will now be aborted

Load.vi  ---   e:\builds\penguin\labview\branches\2016\dev\dist\vi.lib\xml\Load.vi

The following source VIs or Libraries are the callers of missing files (specified in the previous dialog).
Please correct this problem before rebuilding.
The build will now be aborted.

NI_XML.lvlib.  ---   C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\resource\plugins\lv_icon.lvlibp\1abvi3w\vi.lib\xml\NI_XML.lvlib

Edited by Joerg Hampel