VIPM 2020 for MacOS is downloaded as an app. Can it be copied over to Applications and function correctly? I am having error code 8

QCZ

Hi Jim,

I am a LabVIEW developer who is first time ever taking on VIPM seriously with macOS (Monterey) that I am not quite familiar with either.

I have installed LabVIEW professional (I assume I have live sap because I was not asked for trial period related questions) and have been trying install some software packages via VIPM. I downloaded the Free Edit of VIPM. It is an app other than an install package as for Windows. So my first question is, did I download the correct VIPM software? So I copied VIPM from Downloads to Applications folder. I have set both LabVIEW and VIPM to full disk access and allow download from anywhere in System Preference. I have been trying install some software since last Friday. I keep getting the same result: Error code 8 (some times 7). An example is pasted herein.

=======================

Main Package Name: jki_rsc_toolkits_palette v1.1-1
Package Name with Error: jki_rsc_toolkits_palette v1.1-1
Error Message: VIPM could not install the package jki_rsc_toolkits_palette-1.1-1 .
Error Code: 8
Error Source: Write to Text File in Command-Line Zip.lvlib:ABDDB5E9F4D44AE0E70A4E4F8D4F491A->90BBE5FF7A35F3CE3E236F5A778C7C48->AD4791BDA0231EB30EBF129C1A98AB7B->OGPM Class.lvlib:1D42A1CCBC79EB157F4B29421C6C7648->OGPM Class.lvlib:68DD1F408D6154AB6D8715845077EEA9->FB296AD1654D68D63B7041E1F06FA55C->VIPM Main Window.vi<APPEND>
/Applications/National Instruments/LabVIEW 2021 64-bit/menus/Categories/JKI Toolkits.mnu
===============

I have followed the doc https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000001DoXACA0&l=en-US and other command line instructions. It seems that none has worked for me.

My second question: I wonder if you have ever experienced/heard of such a situation and how it is fixed?

Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you.

QZ