Compiling a distribution without diagram fail in VIPM 2022, pass in VIPM 2020

Dear Jim,

I'm compiling a library with all diagram deleted. With LabVIEW 2020 and VIPM 2020 it works.

When i do the same manipulation with LabVIEW 2022 and latest VIPM there is a Traverse Failed error (coming from scripting of VIPM).

image.png.27353765b87497a7306d8659d02143d1.png

This problem is known since 2 years (https://forums.vipm.io/topic/4008-error-1012-dependency-bd-not-found/#comment-13562 ) and has not yet fixed, and no one at JKI made any feedback about it.

Is someone can answer if this bug will be fixed ? This is a big issue.

We release deep learning library 5 days ago and NI is now reviewing our distribution but for now we are forced to stay in 2020 because of this bug. (www.haibal.com)

Suggestion for the future, it could be good to integrate remove block diagram fuctionality in the next version of VIPM (very useful)

141620828_Capture2.PNG.8f39942e64afdebc797a89470c10f2d2.PNG

Thank you,

Project.rar

Edited by Youssef Menjour
  • Like 1

OK thank you JIM for your feedback.

A simple way to fix this issu could be to recommand custom to not remove blockdiagram and to add this option directly in VIPM as suggested upper..

This will have two big advantage, custom win time to not multiply steps and in side of JKI engineers it just a simple script at the end of packaging that remove block diagram  (no need to make big changement in your source code, execute it as usual and last step remove block diagram with scripting).

About this issu is someone at your company will work on it ? Thank you for the github link but since three week nothing happen.

(If you don't have actually the ressource to do it internally, one of my engineer can fix it fast because we really need it, it will take maximum a day).

It's important for us to have a visibility because our custom (HAIBAL) already ask on LabVIEW 2022.

For now we are blocked by this JKI issu because if we change our HAIBAL code in LV2022 we will no longer be able to protect our code effectively. So we are obliged to stay in LV2020 for the moment.

https://haibal.com/support-community/topic/how-could-i-run-haibal-in-cpu-mode/

image.thumb.png.e649ca4cee5817454103ac15f4bd7740.png

Thank you for your help,

Youssef

Edited by Youssef Menjour