Overwriting some class VIs has no effect

shb

I created a TestCase where I have overwritten the two class VIs listAllTestMethods.vi and countTestCases.vi. But the Tests listed in VI Tester are the same as before.

At this point, I see these VIs as part of the framework that you don't need to overwrite.

countTestCases should not be overwritten. I'm not even sure why its over-writable - will check into that.

listAllTestMethods I think can be used to replace the framework's dynamic discovery of test methods. I think this VI is intended overwrite-able but I will have to verify that.

Out of curiosity, why are you trying to overwrite these methods?

• 7 months later...

At this point, I see these VIs as part of the framework that you don't need to overwrite.

countTestCases should not be overwritten. I'm not even sure why its over-writable - will check into that.

listAllTestMethods I think can be used to replace the framework's dynamic discovery of test methods. I think this VI is intended overwrite-able but I will have to verify that.

Out of curiosity, why are you trying to overwrite these methods?

I tried to implement something like Parametrized Unit Testing.

I currently use two work arounds:

• Create a test for every value. All this test VIs call a common SubVI executing the test.
  • The test contains a loop which is run for every test value. The first failure breaks, the remaining are not run.

I only overwrote countTestCases because only overwriting listAllTestMethods did not work

Archived