Timestamp decimal is no period

Peter_S

Hi,

I test the demo Version 2.0-1 ( installed with VI Package Manager)

it create an xml from timestamp with the local decimal symbol "," instead of ".".

<Calibrationtime>2012-11-28T16:08:39,344+01:00</Calibrationtime>

I have to read it with c# Deserialize. I get an exception:

InnerException: System.FormatException

Message=Die Zeichenfolge '2012-11-28T16:08:39,344+01:00' kein gültiger AllXsd-Wert.

Source=System.Xml

I see, there is an old Known Issue (Case 5099): Timestamp decimal should be forced to use a period. Posted 04 March 2008, Versions Affected: 1.0

In Version 2.0 there was no fix?

How can I:

- use a period as decimal symbol

- or format the time stamp without fractional of seconds ( I don't need it)

Peter

• 1 year later...

Hi Ton,

that is not a Labview bug.

There is no Localization Code %.; for the Period decimal separator in the format string for the "Format Into String" Function to convert the time stamp to the xml string. See http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/format_specifier_syntax/

Without the Localization Code %.; the "Format Into String" Function use the System default separator. And in many countries this is ",".

Peter

• 6 months later...

Hi Jim,

it was a never ending story - the last mail was from 3. Jan 13:

We have this issue fixed and will be included in a future release of the toolkit. Hence, I will close this ticket.

But I never got an update. Because I had to finish some projects I couldn't wait and fixed it for me in the source.

In a new system with LV2012 and the actual VIPM is still the bugged demo Version 2.0-1:

easyxml2_0_1.png

The xml time 2014-09-12T15:02:38,458+01:00 should be 2014-09-12T15:02:38.458+02:00

Where can I get an actual update with the fixes?

• 1 month later...

Hi Jim,

the answer was at Dec 15 08:38 AM:

We do not have a version to release yet and will certainly notify you when we have one with the fix.

It's not a problem for me. I fixed the bugs in my installation. But nobody else use Timestamps on non english systems and in timezones with daylight saving?

Fortunately its only one hour.

Peter

Archived