copyright & acknowledgement in built app

Travis

What is required in the way of copyright notice and acknowledgement verbage when using a EasyXML in an application distributed? It has an "about box". Is it just the copyright info like I see in the VIPM 1.1 about box? If the info is in the license agreement, I was to bleary-eyed to find it.

Thanks,

Travis

Hi Travis,

[Disclaimer]

I'm not a lawyer, so please don't take this as legal advice and make sure to consult with your attorney about any license compliance issues :)

[/Disclaimer]

When you build an application that uses EasyXML, you need to comply with (1) the JKI Toolkits Full Version License, (2) the license agreement of the OpenG VIs that EasyXML depends upon, (3) the LabVIEW license agreement, and (4) the license agreements of any other third party that you are using.

Regarding #1 (EasyXML), Section 1.3 of the JKI Toolkits Full Version License states the following:

...the Customer Product will include in its About Box or other applicable written documentation the notice that the Customer Product "includes the JKI Toolkits for LabVIEW, © (year) JKI. All rights reserved."

Regarding #2 (OpenG), take a look at the How do I comply with the BSD license? FAQ on the OpenG website.

Regarding #3 (LabVIEW), section 13.A.1 of the NI General Purpose Software License Agreement states the following:

...include the following copyright notice "Copyright © [yr] National Instruments Corporation. All Rights Reserved" in the Authorized Application's About Box and in the applicable written documentation distributed with each copy of the Authorized Application...

Regarding #4 (other 3rd party software), you'll need to check into the details of these, yourself, of course. :)

I hope this info helps and I'm sorry if my response seems like I don't want to directly answer your question. We have to be very careful to not give legal advice, since that's not our expertise.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived