More control over final file names

Hi,

I tried to create a package consisting of custom probes. But since the VIs are placed inside a llb, which starts with an underscore, LabVIEW does not add these VIs as custom probes to my right-click menu.

Therefore I would like to see the possibility to have more control over the final file names inside the package. Perhaps this could be an advanced setting inside the namespace options? And while we are at it, I would like to choose to install the VIs inside a folder instead of a llb.

Regards,

Marc

Hi Marc,

You're right that VI Package builder doesn't support the custom probes use case -- it was designed specifically for packaging up reusable VIs. However, I think that we might be able to help you. I think that you could create a post-build hook VI (download template here) that removes the underscore from the LLB file name. Take a look at the docs and let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to try to help you out, as I've got some experience with creating build hooks.

Thanks,

-Jim

I think that you could create a post-build hook VI (download template here) that removes the underscore from the LLB file name. Take a look at the docs and let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to try to help you out, as I've got some experience with creating build hooks.

Using a hook VI was my first idea, too (s. attachment). It did not work for me.

Any idea?

Marc

Remove_Underscore.vi

Using a hook VI was my first idea, too (s. attachment). It did not work for me.

Any idea?

Marc

Hi Marc,

Here's a post-build hook VI that should work for your custom probe package. It will remove the underscore from the LLB file inside the package. This is a bit of a hack, but it should work for you.

Thanks,

-Jim

Remove_Underscore_from_LLB_Name_in_VI_Package.vi

• 6 months later...

Archived