Namespace and LVclasses

Mellroth

Hi,

When building classes into packages (or lvlibs for that matter) it should be enough to namespace the .lvclass file, and keep the names of all the containing methods.

Am I missing something, is this really a necessary step in the build?

In the end I would like to have an option to only add namespace to the .lvclass or .lvlib file, and keep the names of all methods.

I would also like to see an option to rename files on the fly, like the "Rename folder of VIs", in order to remove old prefixes and add the new build prefix.

/J

Hi,

When building classes into packages (or lvlibs for that matter) it should be enough to namespace the .lvclass file, and keep the names of all the containing methods.

Am I missing something, is this really a necessary step in the build?

In the end I would like to have an option to only add namespace to the .lvclass or .lvlib file, and keep the names of all methods.

I would also like to see an option to rename files on the fly, like the "Rename folder of VIs", in order to remove old prefixes and add the new build prefix.

/J

Hi,

Yes, you're right that adding a namespace to the VIs is redundant, if the .lvclass (or .lvlib) is also namespaced. We're working on how to implement a solution for this.

I also like your idea of being able to rename VIs (and the possibility of search and replace of prefixes/suffixes).

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived