Tree instead of multicolumn listbox in VIPM main window

Hi,

After using VIPM Pro for a while I end up with a long list of packages and now my screen is not high enough to see all the packages without scrolling soI was trying to think of a way sort package in the main VIPM window.

I first thought of a "filter" string at the top of VIPM's main window to only display package with name containing the "filter string".

The second idea (my favourite) was to have a tree instead of a multicolumn listbox and to be able to organise the packages in groups (and even sub-groups, wiy not).

Something like that :

tree.png

Anyone else has a lot of packages and think this would be nice?

Any other idea to help sorting packages?

Hi TiTou,

After using VIPM Pro for a while I end up with a long list of packages and now my screen is not high enough to see all the packages without scrolling so I was trying to think of a way sort package in the main VIPM window.

I first thought of a "filter" string at the top of VIPM's main window to only display package with name containing the "filter string".

Did you know that VIPM already has this ability (if I understand your question/suggestion correctly)? See the screenshot, below, and the documentation for the Quick Search feature for more details.

1_8_2010_9_16_04_AM.png

The second idea (my favourite) was to have a tree instead of a multicolumn listbox and to be able to organise the packages in groups (and even sub-groups, wiy not).

Something like that :

tree.png

Anyone else has a lot of packages and think this would be nice?

Any other idea to help sorting packages?

This would be nice. We're actually toying around with ideas for how to find and deal with lots of packages. A tree view fits into our plan for a great solution. ;)

Thanks,

Hi TiTou,

Did you know that VIPM already has this ability (if I understand your question/suggestion correctly)? See the screenshot, below, and the documentation for the Quick Search feature for more details.

lol... it's been here and i've never seen it :S

1_8_2010_9_16_04_AM.png

This would be nice. We're actually toying around with ideas for how to find and deal with lots of packages. A tree view fits into our plan for a great solution. ;)

Good, can't wait :)

Archived