Place VI Contents not Working LabVIEW 2009 x64

benhysell

Hey Everyone,

I have been creating a very simple package with one VI in it that contains our copyright notice. The copyright notice is just a free text label that is placed on the block diagram and the front panel.

To build this package I am marking the VI as 'Place VI Contents' check box, however, after I install the package everytime I place the VI on the block diagram I get the VI icon and not the contents.

I can go into 'Edit Pallet Set...' in LabVIEW and manual mark the VI as 'Place VI Contents' and I get the expected behavior, the contents of my VI, a text box on the block diagram and the front panel, is placed in the VI I'm working on.

My setup:

- Windows 7 x64

- LabVIEW 2009 x64

- VI Package Manager Community Edition 3.0 build 1280

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-ben

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry for the trouble. This is a result of less than ideal communication on the part of VIPM.

In VIPM Community Edition, edits to the palette are not saved (and, they are ignored when the package is built). See the screenshot below, to see how we tried to document this.

1_29_2010_8_02_02_AM.png

We did this so that Community Edition users could try out the palette editor in VIPM Professional. However, I would agree that this could be confusing.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived