Using a VIPM created palette as the library default?

Daklu

I really like the new palette editor in VIPM 2010. However, instead of creating a .mnu file it stores the palette information in the .vipb file and creates the .mnu file when the package is installed. That's clearly a better design, but it also makes it a little harder to use that palette file as the default palette for classes and libraries.

Pre- and post-build scripts are only available in the pro edition. Is there a good way to do this using the community edition?

I really like the new palette editor in VIPM 2010. However, instead of creating a .mnu file it stores the palette information in the .vipb file and creates the .mnu file when the package is installed. That's clearly a better design, but it also makes it a little harder to use that palette file as the default palette for classes and libraries.

Pre- and post-build scripts are only available in the pro edition. Is there a good way to do this using the community edition?

Thanks for the kind words!

I can see what you mean about wanting to use the palette as the default for your classes and libraries. An ideal solution would be for VIPM to let you assign one of the palettes to a class or library in the Source File Settings and we could bind them at build time (as a first class feature). I think that a post-build "Custom Action" VI (VIPM Professional feature) is really the best solution, right now, and I can't think of an Community Edition features that would do what you are after. Of course, we'd love for you to be a pro user :o

Archived