Error 5009 when updateing packages

shb

I cannot update to new packages. When I start VIPM I do not see any packages for any LabVEIW Version. (But I have installed packages.) When I do "check the network fo available packages" I get the followint error message:

There was an error checking the network for new packages. Please check your network connection or settings and try again

The details in the error log are the following:

=========== START of VIPM Error Message ===========
An internal VIPM Error has occured on: Thuesday October 26, 2010 at 11:49:25 

= Automated Message Start = 
Error 5009 occurred at EC49F68DA5A0873C96EAA2C2505BEB7D in 
4A628896731E78C5A6CB6CAFB23D818C->B738BAFE9D4E9A004798289782544F38->87D287C50204FFFF9E1143AA7618D099
.lvlib:3BBBA5B4D62787D2F1B6CEF26F4CC04A->87D287C50204FFFF9E1143AA7618D099.lvlib:92D6CD7B3D1ED1F3D4EC
4CD22B230E60->18EA728E5406A07EC0ED27C60622DBBE->VIPM Main Window.vi
This error code is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code, or you might have 
wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.
= Automated Message End =

= User Defined Message Start = 
Checking for new packages from the network.
= User Defined Message End =

= Error Handler Call Chain Start =
VIPM Main Window.vi->
18EA728E5406A07EC0ED27C60622DBBE
= Error Handler Call Chain End =
=========== END of VIPM Error Message ===========

Can anybody help?

Greetings,

shb

Is this a new installation of VIPM or is this an upgrade from version 3.0?

Make sure your computer has internet access and that it's not being blocked by firewalls on your computer or by your company IT department.

If your company uses a proxy server, you need to configure this in your VIPM Options. See here for more details: http://forums.jkisoft.com/index.php?showtopic=26

Is this a new installation of VIPM or is this an upgrade from version 3.0?

Make sure your computer has internet access and that it's not being blocked by firewalls on your computer or by your company IT department.

If your company uses a proxy server, you need to configure this in your VIPM Options. See here for more details: http://forums.jkisoft.com/index.php?showtopic=26

Today it works partially. The list was not empty after the first startup. I could even update a package. But after trying to check for packages, the list is cleared.

I use VIPM 2010 (build 1568), Community Edition. It is upgraded from 3.0 which was upgraded from ... (By the way, the news line in top of this forum is quite old. 3.0)

It has worked till about a month ago.

There is no proxy in the company (none is configured in the browser).

And when I see right the windows firewall only blocks incoming connections. Can it block outgoing too?

What is the meaning of error 5009?

Greetings,

shb

Uninstall and reinstall did not help anything. Also not updating to the newest VIPM Version (2010.0.1, build 1581).

Additional detail: The error message is shown after showing the text "Refreshing package database..." for some seconds in the status bar.

I would really like to update my packages. I saw a new version of rcf is out but I can not get it.

Greetings,

shb

• 1 month later...

What has helped is uninstalling VIPM, deleting all configuration (rename folder JKI in ProgramData) and reinstalling VIPM. Then I had to reinstall the packages for having the real configuration. Some packages required special tricks.

Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling was unnecessary.

Greetings,

shb

Archived