[Feature Request!] Refresh Disk Hierarchy in Source File Settings

jgcode

Still wondering whether this would be nice or just an edge case for what I am doing at the moment but I will throw it out there nonetheless.

If I have the VIPB file open, I have to reload the VIPB file to see any new files/folders on disk that I have added to the project.

So I am thinking a refresh button/option would be nice to update the tree and re-synch to disk.

Cheers

-JG

post-2618-0-80823800-1292336996_thumb.png

It's not a good practice to be manipulating your source files while the VI package Builder is open. I don't know if we want to encourage this right now. There are many things that could be changed on disk and the source tree is only one of them.

Another preferred solution is to add a "Reload" File menu option.

My use case is on upgrading OGP packages to VIPM 2010 - so I open the OGPB build spec, update all that info into the VIPB file, then perform some reshuffling of the project involving SCC (includes deleting the build spec), refresh VIPB, do some new stuff, forget to add a new folder :), refresh... But yer, I thought that maybe the case thats its not recommended - and probably would not do it normally if updating existing VIPB file.

Cheers

-JG

Archived