Install Issue with VIPM 2010

Mark Loy

I am looking into using Subversion with LabVIEW and therefore I am interested in you TortoiseSVN Tool for LabVIEW, which requires VIPM to install. So, I download and installed VIPM 2010. When I tryied to run it, it comes up and says it is checking for updated versions and hangs. I have tried it 3 times and one time my network account ended up locked out. I need some help to move forward.

I am looking into using Subversion with LabVIEW and therefore I am interested in you TortoiseSVN Tool for LabVIEW, which requires VIPM to install. So, I download and installed VIPM 2010. When I tryied to run it, it comes up and says it is checking for updated versions and hangs. I have tried it 3 times and one time my network account ended up locked out. I need some help to move forward.

I don't understand what you mean by your network account being "locked out". Are you behind a corporate firewall?

Here is a link to some troubleshooting info:

http://forums.jki.ne...nection-issues/

Also, you can tell VIPM to bypass network checks on startup by setting the following option in the VIPM settings.ini file, before you start VIPM:

WinXP-> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\JKI\VIPM\Settings.ini

Win7\Vista-> C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\Settings.ini

[General]

check for updates on startup? = "FALSE"

Check new ver. of App. on startup? = "FALSE"

Note: The above options can be configured from within the VIPM user interface (Under Tools>Options>General). But I assume you can't start VIPM so this is why I mention these setting here.

This will get VIPM to start, but you still need to connect to the network to download.

Archived