CTRL+SHIFT+SPACE shortcut no longer working

Ian Nicholson

Hi Ian. Thanks for reporting this. We've had some users communicate issues with the keyboard shortcuts when using LabVIEW inside of a Virtual Machine. Would that be the case for you? Can you let me know a little more about your system setup (Virtual Machine? Windows version, LabVIEW Version, JKI Design Palette version)?

Thanks.

Just now, Jim Kring said:

Hi Ian. Thanks for reporting this. We've had some users communicate issues with the keyboard shortcuts when using LabVIEW inside of a Virtual Machine. Would that be the case for you? Can you let me know a little more about your system setup (Virtual Machine? Windows version, LabVIEW Version, JKI Design Palette version)?

Thanks.

I'm not running in a Virtual Machine. I noticed the version number isn't displayed in the "info" screen, so I had to go into VIPM to get it.

• Windows 10 x64 Professional
  • LabVIEW 2017 v17.0.1f3 32-bit
  • Design Palette v1.0.4.193

4 hours ago, Jim Kring said:

Go figure...  Another thing to note is that Windows has some sticky keys (another other) tools that intercept keystrokes and so who know what might be going on under the hood at times.

I'm glad it's working for you, now.

I'll report back if it happens again. I know I updated to the ladies version not long before I posted so maybe the shortcut didn't register after the update? But I think it wasn't working a few days back either...

Something odd happened a couple days ago. After working great for a while, it suddenly stopped again. During the same LabVIEW session, no less. Just now I ran LabVIEW and the shortcut works normally again. Something is happening that is invalidating the shortcut, or redirecting it to nowhere.

I did try repeatedly pressing Shift, Ctrl, and Alt after the shortcut stopped working, to see if I could get Sticky Keys to come up, but no amount of presses did anything.

Finally, I think LabVIEW crashed as it closed, which has been happening a bit lately. I'll see if I can pinpoint the cause of the crash, and see if it could be related.

• 4 years later...