No way to get "ogrsc_dynamicpalette" installed

:)

Hi,

I'm using VIPM, I'm happy with it, it's really great.

The only issue I have with it is that I NEVER managed to get the ogrsc_dynamicpalette installed (I tried on many computers). As I could get all the package I wanted, I assume my configuration is fine. I went through many posts here about issues and didn't find one that can help me resolve this.

So, did anyone ever managed to installed it directly through VIPM 1.0 ?

Is there a specific reason why I can't get this done ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

I'm using VIPM, I'm happy with it, it's really great.

The only issue I have with it is that I NEVER managed to get the ogrsc_dynamicpalette installed (I tried on many computers). As I could get all the package I wanted, I assume my configuration is fine. I went through many posts here about issues and didn't find one that can help me resolve this.

So, did anyone ever managed to installed it directly through VIPM 1.0 ?

Is there a specific reason why I can't get this done ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

There are a couple possible issues. The simplest one is that your VI Server settings might not be configured to allow VIPM to run the installation script VIs that are inside the dynamicpalette package.

Can you please take a look at this FAQ entry and see if your VI Server settings are set up correctly?

Why do I get Error Code 1032 when I try to install some packages?

Thank you,

-Jim

Can you please take a look at this FAQ entry and see if your VI Server settings are set up correctly?

Why do I get Error Code 1032 when I try to install some packages?

Thanks for the link Jim, I check everything, my settings should be ok.

There are a couple possible issues. The simplest one is that your VI Server settings might not be configured to allow VIPM to run the installation script VIs that are inside the dynamicpalette package.

Could you tell me more about other possible issues ?

For a test, I installed VIPM on a colleagues PC, I set everything as shown in the link you gave and everything worked, I could get the dynamic palette...

I couldn't find the difference between my colleague's PC and mine :-o

Any idea ?

Hi again,

I found kind of a work-around... I copied on my PC the LabVIEW.ini of my colleague and then it work...

So it means something on my config was wrong I still don't know what it is but at least now I can get any package using VIPM...

TiTou,

> I found kind of a work-around...

I'm happy to hear that it's working, now.

> I copied on my PC the LabVIEW.ini of my colleague and then it work...

That's very strange. Can you post your original (non-working) INI file, so that I can take a look?

Thanks,

Of course Jim, here are the two ini files. I had to rename them to *.txt because I am "not allowed to upload ini files"...

Please, keep me updated when you find what's wrong in my ini file, thanks a lot :)

TiTou,

I looked at your ini files (especially "the one that does not work"). You set VIPM to use port 5900. This is probably the issue. Typically port 5900 is reserved for vnc (virtual network computer, or virtual network client). You probably have software installed that are already using this port (vnc server, vnc client, firewall...), therefore VIPM can not communicate with LabVIEW on this port.

If you wish, you could try to reuse your ini file settings. Just change this line from server.tcp.port=5900 to server.tcp.port=3363. This should work.

Thanks

Philippe

TiTou,

As Philippe mentioned, your issue likely due to the selected TCP port being in use already or blocked. 3363 is the default port for VI Server and works well. If you have multiple LabVIEW versions, you should probably put them each on a different TCP port, and increment them off of 3363 (e.g., 3363, 3364, 3365, ... ) -- this approach has worked great for others.

Thanks,

-Jim

TiTou,

I looked at your ini files (especially "the one that does not work"). You set VIPM to use port 5900. This is probably the issue. Typically port 5900 is reserved for vnc (virtual network computer, or virtual network client). You probably have software installed that are already using this port (vnc server, vnc client, firewall...), therefore VIPM can not communicate with LabVIEW on this port.

If you wish, you could try to reuse your ini file settings. Just change this line from server.tcp.port=5900 to server.tcp.port=3363. This should work.

Thanks

Philippe

Thanks guys,

I indeed use a VNC server to take control on deployed computers, but changing the port to 3363 or 3364 oes not make it work... there must be another setting to change :-o

Archived