Help adding repositories

RochelleS

Question

I have just installed LabVIEW 2020 Community edition. I suspect you all know about the tragedy that NI inflicted on us called NIPM but it is a P.o.S. to say the least.

I had so many issues with NIPM hitting some unrecoverable error (Check your internet connection is the only solution it offers) trying to install LV2020.

I determined it was constantly hanging up trying to install VIPM, so I deselected VIPM and installed LabVIEW without it.

I then downloaded the latest version of VIPM and installed it.

VIPM only comes with the JKI Package Network repository.

How do I add the NI LabVIEW Tools Network to the repositories?

3 answers to this question

Hi @RochelleS

Yes, users have reported some issues with NIPM and how it tries to install VIPM. We recommend users install VIPM using JKI's installers and not NI's.

A few things:

0) Can you check the "C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\error" folder to see if there's an error log file with today's date on it? Can you attach that file here, so we can take a loot?

1) Regarding the connection to the NI LabVIEW Tools Network, can you try again (press the "Refresh" image.png button) and confirm whether it's working? I just tested an it's working OK for me.

2) Which version of VIPM are you using? Windows or Mac?

3) What setting do you have for "Configure Proxy to Access the Internet"?

image.png