[RESOLVED] Trouble install packages that call Labview.

Mark Balla

Along with the new 8.2 installation I'm going to also start using VIPM. I started out by regitering all version from 7.0 to 8.2. I then installed all the packages for 7.0 with no problems. When I went to install the 7.1 packages I foud that all the packaged that open Labview to run functions gave me the following problem.

post-47-1157740971_thumb.png

I check my TCP ports in Labview but they look ok.

post-47-1157740989.png

The same problem occurs for 8.0 and 8.2

Any Ideas what I should try next?

It is only on my home desktop that this happens. There were previous Alpha version of VIPM on this machine that I unistalled before I installed the new one.

I am also installing VIPM on my laptop at the same time with no problems.

Nevermind I fixed it.

Some how my TCP/IP settings were disabled.

Mark,

I'm glad that your using VIPM and that you've been able to quickly resolve your issue :)

Here's a tip, you might find useful...

We recommend putting each version of LabVIEW on a unique TCP-IP port. This will allow VIPM to communicate with different versions of LabVIEW, even when multiple versions of LabVIEW are running at the same time. When all versions of LabVIEW are configured for the same TCP-IP port, the first version of LabVIEW will grab the port and other versions of LabVIEW that are subsequently launched will not be able to start the TCP-IP listener. The easiest way to adjust your TCP-IP settings is to let VIPM automatically adjust LabVIEW's VI Server settings while testing the connection (see screenshot, below).

auto_adjust_tcp.png

Thanks,

Archived