Error Code 1

Steven G

Hi

I have successfully installed VPIM but I am unable to install any packages. When I attempt to install a package, the application reports it could not download the package from the remote server and a ERROR CODE: 1 is reported (see VPIM Error Message screen dump).

Regards,

Steven

post-1926-1186393115_thumb.jpg

Hi Steven,

Could you please attach any error log files located, here:

C:\Program Files\JKI\VI Package Manager\error\

Also, it might be helpful to increase your TCP network timeout (to 60 seconds, for example) in the VIPM options dialog.

Thank you,

-Jim Kring

Jim,

Thanks for prompt reply.

Changing the network timeout to 60 seconds does not clear the problem. Also there are no error log files.

Regards,

Steven

Hi Steven,

Could you please attach any error log files located, here:

C:\Program Files\JKI\VI Package Manager\error\

Also, it might be helpful to increase your TCP network timeout (to 60 seconds, for example) in the VIPM options dialog.

Thank you,

-Jim Kring

Jim,

I tried several mirrors close to me geographical and I the same error message is generated.

Regards,

Steven

Hi Steven,

Can you try changing package mirrors order on the Advanced tab of the Options dialog? Mirrors that are geographically closer to you, should be at the top of the list (drag and drop them to reorder).

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

-Jim

Steven,

This is just a shot in the dark, but have you looked in your temporary directory to see if the file that is called out in the error dialog is there? Perhaps that file is corrupted and you just need to clear it out of your temp directory?

Joe,

Thanks for the advice; i don't appear to have a corrupted ogp file. Whenever I attempt to install a package an ogp file appears in my temp directory. The ogp file is deleted when the error message is displayed.

Regards,

Steven

Hi Steven,

First, thanks for you patience on this issue. Most of the JKI Team was at NIWeek, all last week ;)

Second, can you please download a package file try opening it with WinZip to verify that it is a valid ZIP archive file (OGP files are actually ZIP files with a special structure). You can download a package by right-clicking on it and choosing Download. You can find the downloaded file inside the following directory:

C:\Program Files\JKI\VI Package Manager\cache

Also, is there anything atypical about your machine configuration? For example, did you install VIPM or LabVIEW in a non-standard location? Are you running as a user with non-admin rights?

Thanks,

-Jim

Hi Jim,

When I attempt to download a package the corresponding ogp file does not appear in the C:\Program Files\JKI\VI Package Manager\cache directory.

I installed both LabView and VPIM in the standard locations; I have admin rights on my PC and I am able to add and remove files in the cache directory.

With regards,

Steven

Hi Steven,

First, thanks for you patience on this issue. Most of the JKI Team was at NIWeek, all last week ;)

Second, can you please download a package file try opening it with WinZip to verify that it is a valid ZIP archive file (OGP files are actually ZIP files with a special structure). You can download a package by right-clicking on it and choosing Download. You can find the downloaded file inside the following directory:

C:\Program Files\JKI\VI Package Manager\cache

Also, is there anything atypical about your machine configuration? For example, did you install VIPM or LabVIEW in a non-standard location? Are you running as a user with non-admin rights?

Thanks,

-Jim

Hi Jim,

When I attempt to download a package the corresponding ogp file does not appear in the C:\Program Files\JKI\VI Package Manager\cache directory.

I installed both LabView and VPIM in the standard locations; I have admin rights on my PC and I am able to add and remove files in the cache directory.

With regards,

Steven

Hi Steven,

This issue seems to be pretty tricky. Let's take this off-line -- I'll send you an email.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived