Announcing the VIPM 2022 for Mac and Linux Public Beta

Note: Official releases of VIPM 2022 for Windows and Linux are available here  👉  vipm.io/desktop

What's New in VIPM 2022 for MacOS and Linux

• VIPM is now built as a 64-bit application, which greatly simplifies installation on 64-bit Linux and improves compatibility with newer versions of MacOS that dropped support for 32-bit apps. 
  • LabVIEW 2022 (and earlier) support on MacOS and Linux, which the community has been increasingly requesting.

Screenshot of VIPM 2022 beta running on Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS 64-bit

image.png

Download VIPM 2022 beta for Mac and Linux

Requirements

• LabVIEW 2019 Runtime Engine (RTE) - Note: If you have LV2019 or greater installed, then you probably already have the LV2019 RTE
  • 64-bit Operating System

Installation (Mac)

• Unzip download and copy "VI Package Manager.app" to your Applications folder

Installation (Linux)

• Unzip contents of the download into the /user/local/JKI/VIPM/ folder
  • Ensure that the user account that will run VIPM has write permissions to the following folders:
    • /etc/JKI (you may need to create this first as sudo and then give write permissions)
    • /user/local/JKI/
    • /user/local/JKI/VIPM/
  • For installing packages with VIPM, you will need write permissions to various folders under the LabVIEW installation folder, such as:
    • /usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2020-64/
    • /usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2021-64/

Troubleshooting

VIPM's error logs may be found here (in the "error" folder inside the folder where you are running VIPM):

• /user/local/JKI/VIPM/error

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi-

late to the party here, but finally got around to updating. I'm probably pushing the envelope a bit, being on MacOS Sonoma, 14.4.1.

Getting Error 8 "LabVIEW: File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file." on startup...

Have enabled Full Disk Access for VIPM, and recursively added the admin group RW for the National Instruments/LabVIEW folder (as this has traditionally been required..)

I'd guess VIPM is trying to read or write a startup preferences file; and if I could for the life of me remember where it kept the file, I could delete or chmod it as necessary!

Any clues?

Cheers,

Tom