VIPM Setup Wizard reopens with every Windows start.

After installing this newer version of VIPM, the Installer pops up anyway. I get a message "a newer version of VIPM is already installed".

While installing the previous and the actual version I had to restart my computer to finish the setup. It seems that the installer hasn't recognized, that there was a restart and waits for it while it pops up after every single restart. Can you tell me, where I find this AutoStart entry in Windows to remove it?

Some searching online shows. Possible solution…

This kind of behaviour can be encountered when a scheduled task is created in order to continue the installation process after a reboot triggered by a prerequisite. After the system reboots, the setup is launched by the scheduled task and, then this scheduled task is then automatically removed. In your case it seems that the removal doesn't happen, thus the setup is launched on every boot. 

You could try to manually delete this scheduled task from Windows Task Scheduler. If you cannot find a task in Task Scheduler, please check if the following registry keys contain a value which triggers the setup:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

or

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
  • Upvote 1