Stuck in a vicious circle while trying to install VIPM 2.0 community edition

dafemec

I am having trouble attempting to install the community edition of VIPM 2.0. After starting my copy of VIPM, I am presented with a dialog box telling me my VIPM registration has expired. When I click "Click here if you want to continue with the free VIPM Community Edition," the dialog box reappears, and this happens over and over. When I click the hyperlink "Check for VIPM software update..." and then "Download VI Package Manager" under the VIPM Community Edition column, I am taken to a web page titled "Download VIPM 2.0 Professional." Until know I have been running the beta version of VIPM 2.0. So I exited from my copy of VIPM, uninstalled it, returned to www.jkisoft.com/vipm, again clicked "Download VI Package Manager" under the VIPM Community Edition column, and was again taken to a web page titled "Download VIPM 2.0 Professional." I proceeded with the installation, and was told on the next web page that I was downloading VIPM 2.0 Professional. When VIPM was allowed to start at the end of the installation, I was back to the first dialog box I described, telling me my VIPM registration has expired, and, again, upon clicking "Click here if you want to continue with the free VIPM Community Edition," the dialog box reappears, and this happens over and over. Help!

Hi Doug,

I think you are stuck in a time warp! No, literally, I think that your computer's system clock time is wrong. Can you please confirm the date/time?

If that doesn't work, then the issue might be that your Windows user account doesn't have permission to modify the C:\Windows\jki.conf file. Can you confirm that your user account has write access to this file?

Please let me know if either of these solutions work for you.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived