alphabetic order in VIPM main window

I was surprised to notice that the alphabetic sorting will put any capital letter before any not capital letter..

So a package which name begins with "B" will be before a package that begins with "a".

Is it an intended feature that aims to have to different alphabetical orders (capital and not capital) or is it just some behaviour of LabVIEW ?

I was surprised to notice that the alphabetic sorting will put any capital letter before any not capital letter..

So a package which name begins with "B" will be before a package that begins with "a".

Is it an intended feature that aims to have to different alphabetical orders (capital and not capital) or is it just some behaviour of LabVIEW ?

Hi TiTou,

Happy New Year and thanks for the bug report. What seems to be happening is that the sort algorithm is case sensitive. We did a bit of optimizing of the sorting algorithms in the past, but it appears that a bug slipped past! I have filed a bug:

Thanks,

-Jim

Hi TiTou,

Happy New Year and thanks for the bug report. What seems to be happening is that the sort algorithm is case sensitive. We did a bit of optimizing of the sorting algorithms in the past, but it appears that a bug slipped past! I have filed a bug:

Thanks,

-Jim

Happy new year too !

:huh: still glad to help you help us :)

Archived