[RESOLVED] Not getting latest updates

van18

When I select "upgrade all installed packages", I am told I have the latest version. When I Select "check the network fo available packages" I am told " there was an errror checking the network, check network connections". Form your post in LAVA I see that the Strings Library is at 2.5 and my version is 2.4, so I am assuming that the message stating I have the latest is wrong. Also, I am confident my proxy setting are correct. I am using RC4 on an XP machine. This is what is in the error file:

An error has occured on Monday November 27, 2006 at 09:33:59 AM

Error Code: 42

Error Source: (http response "HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error") E2DCE72CBC13E42C45FB5FAE78A12431 in 971572EBA315250FFA1936D94C4D36DA->84C938F051B93A791E0F2179DCB0C83D->C43367DC075DC23720D69C8B115E9072->83AF391CA89AAC71F69D4358732E0EFF->EB2E3FB7A9768BC94066976CE25F2EE6->CA1174D4D87C0AF9C86EFC0CC24DC13F->OGC Main Window.vi

Possible Reason: LabVIEW: Generic error.

Extra Information: Checking for new packages from the network.

Call Chain:

OGC Main Window.vi->CA1174D4D87C0AF9C86EFC0CC24DC13F

Any ideas? :huh:

I have just noticed openg.org is giving bandwidth limit errors, perhaps if this is the same machine that is providing the updates for VPM ?

The problem with the server has been resolved.

Thank you,

-Jim Kring

I am getting closer. It trys to download the string package from sourceforge, but the Last Action results window says it was unable to download the string spackage from the remote server. :huh:

I am getting closer. It trys to download the string package from sourceforge, but the Last Action results window says it was unable to download the string spackage from the remote server. :huh:

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble. The issue you're having now sounds like it is related to the SourceForge mirrors change.

Can you do a couple things?

First, try changing your network timeout to a larger value (for example: 60 seconds) and try to download the string package, again.

Tools >> Options... >> Internet >> TCPIP Timeout

tcpid_timeout.png

Second, can you please attach any error log files from today? These should be located here:

C:\Program Files\JKI\VI Package Manager\error\

Thank you,

-Jim Kring

One more thing...

What is the URL of that is being used to download the package? (See the screenshot below, for an example.) If you are having timeout errors, this URL should remain visible in the status display for a long while.

download_url.png

Thank you,

-Jim Kring

The URL is http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge...error-2.3-1.ogp and there is no error file created.

However, I changed the TCP/IP timeout to 60 sec, and I am pleased to say I have the two new packages installed on my computer, Thanks :huh:

Archived