unable to install oglib_lvzip v5.0.0-1 on Linux

@Zaphiro Technologies

CC: @RolfK

There is a cross-platform shared library naming trick.  (It could be that the package build process messed up the paths when writing linker info.)

See: LabVIEW Help >> Configuring the Call Library Function Node

If you want to run applications or shared libraries created on different platforms, use the * wildcard to make the reference to the shared library platform independent. Use * for the file extension and * or ** to the left of the file extension, depending on how you name 32-bit and 64-bit libraries.

The following example illustrates how to use the * wildcard.

Example  -->   Translation

• myshared.*   -->   LabVIEW replaces the reference with the appropriate file extension to match the platform that is running the Call Library Node, for example, myshared.dll, myshared.so, and myshared.framework.
  • myshared*.*   -->   LabVIEW replaces the reference with myshared32.* on 32-bit platforms and myshared64.* on 64-bit platforms. You can place the * anywhere to the left of the file extension. For example, my*shared.* can translate to my32shared.*. LabVIEW replaces .* with the appropriate file extension.
  • myshared**.*   -->   LabVIEW replaces the reference with myshared.* on 32-bit platforms and myshared_64.* on 64-bit platforms. You can place the ** anywhere to the left of the file extension. For example, my**shared.* can translate to my_64shared.*. LabVIEW replaces .* with the appropriate file extension.

• Jim Kring changed the title to unable to install oglib_lvzip v5.0.0-1 on Linux
2 hours ago, Jim Kring said:

@Zaphiro Technologies

CC: @RolfK

There is a cross-platform shared library naming trick.  (It could be that the package build process messed up the paths when writing linker info.)

See: LabVIEW Help >> Configuring the Call Library Function Node

Yes, I had until recently always build everything in LabVIEW 7.0 and had apparently in a long ago past patched the OpenG DEAB functions to not bork those shared library names (as I carefully made sure to use this trick in the source code version in every single VI). But because of a complete reinstallation of my Linux Virtual Machines I also had to move to a LabVIEW 8.6 installation for testing, I had preferred 2009 but could not find a Linux installer for that, and I had completely missed that the default OpenG DEAB seems to rewrite the linker information with fully explicit shared library name.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...