Bug with vista

Hi

I have install VIPM 3.0 on my laptop . When have install (and reinstall few times) all is ok. I see VIPM front panel and can install package correctely. But when i close it the problem start. If i want start VIPM anew, VIPM crash. I just see a small VIPM appearance in taskBar( no VIPM front panel appearence) and after nothing.No error message. Have install and reinstall few times without succes.

I see all openG library in LabView.

Another question is that is correct to don't see VIPM in the VISTA install and uninstall program list window.

I use LV2009 f2.

Please goto: C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\error

Under there, you will find VIPM error logs. Please attach the latest file to this thread.

I send all errors files i have found.

novembre_07_2009.txt

novembre_19_2009.txt

novembre_20_2009.txt

But in fact it's always the same error. I have translate you the error message because it's in frensh in the error files.

translation

=========== START of VIPM Error Message ===========

An internal VIPM Error has occured on: dimanche novembre 22, 2009 at 08:17:08

= Automated Message Start =

Error 8 occurred at open/creat/replace a file in Config Data Write To File.vi->Close

Config Data.vi->VIPM Splash.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: file permission error. you don't have necessary authorization for this file

=========================

NI-488: Une erreur de DMA a été détectée au niveau du matériel.

= Automated Message End =

= User Defined Message Start =

Error(s) Generated in Splash Window

= User Defined Message End =

= Error Handler Call Chain Start =

VIPM Splash.vi

= Error Handler Call Chain End =

=========== END of VIPM Error Message ===========

I have install VIPM 3.0 on my laptop . When have install (and reinstall few times) all is ok. I see VIPM front panel and can install package correctely. But when i close it the problem start. If i want start VIPM anew, VIPM crash. I just see a small VIPM appearance in taskBar( no VIPM front panel appearence) and after nothing.No error message. Have install and reinstall few times without succes.

I see all openG library in LabView.

From the error message, it seems that there is a file permission error. Try looking to make sure that your user account has permission to write to any file located inside this folder:

• C:\ProgramData\JKI

Another question is that is correct to don't see VIPM in the VISTA install and uninstall program list window.

VIPM does not add itself the Windows installed programs list. You can run the uninstaller located here:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\JKI\VI Package Manager\uninstaller.exe

I hope this info is helpful. Please let us know if you are able to get things working or uncover any clues as to why you're having trouble.

Thanks,

This is interesting. I'm not sure why you are having this problem. However, in order to debug this, can you try running VIPM as an administrator and see if it starts up properly? Right-click on the VIPM shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator".

I have verify and VIPM have been install like administrator (see below)

post-2807-1259084155.jpg

I have see some thing strange : when i look in explorer the link for VIPM i see C:\Programmes\JKI\VI Package Manager and in the shortcut i see C:\Program Files\JKI\VI Package Manager. Programmes (in french) became Program Files. Perhapse this error result of shortcut translation.

• 3 weeks later...

I got exactly the same problem.

The solution works, but ... it solves the consequence, not the cause.

PS : Thanks for the huge smart wonderfull exciting work with OpenG and the JKI Tools.

You guys are worldly known super stars ^^

I was a LabVIEW developper in the near past, but even it's not my actual job, I continue to pratice and use it, because I do love LabVIEW !

The french LabVIEW community loves you.

Hi Callahan,

> I got exactly the same problem.

> The solution works, but ... it solves the consequence, not the cause.

Thanks for the extra data point on this bug. That's very helpful.

> PS : Thanks for the huge smart wonderfull exciting work with OpenG and the JKI Tools.

You're welcome. It's very kind of you to say that. :)

> You guys are worldly known super stars ^^

Thanks. I have a feeling you're going to love our announcement next week :)

> I was a LabVIEW developper in the near past, but even it's not my actual job, I continue to pratice and use it, because I do love LabVIEW !

That's how I feel sometimes, too. I spend much of my time doing management, but I still try to open LabVIEW as much as I can, because I love it.

> The french LabVIEW community loves you.

Thank you! JKI loves it's French (and other international) community members, too. JKI is a very international company, you know. On our team, we have a Canadian, a Frenchman, and a... well, you'll have to wait until next week to hear the rest. ;)

Cheers,

-Jim

• 2 years later...

I want to post a follow-up to this old issue. The great news is that this issue has finally been isolated and will be fixed in the next release of VIPM. In the meantime, we've created a tool that will fix your current VIPM installation.

All the details can be found here:

http://support.jki.net/entries/20958532-vipm-won-t-launch-on-french-or-german-windows

Archived